Bijbehara Railway StationIndian Railway network has been spread over 115,000 kms and one of world’s largest railway networks. There are around 7,172 stations, linking different villages, towns and cities of India. There are many full-size stations like New Delhi Railway station or Bombay railway station and many small stations like Bandra, Aioli etc. One of these stations is Bijbehara railway station located in the valley of Jammu and Kashmir. Here in this article a brief overview of this Bijbehara railway station has been highlighted for the readers.
Location of the Bijbehara Railway Station
Bijbehara railway station is a local station situated near Hassanpora in the Anantnag district, Jammu and Kashmir. This rail head is located at an elevation of approximately 1594 meters over the average sea level.
This station is quite small in area but is of great importance for the people; as 16 other railway stations are directly connected with Bijbehara railway station. This station comes under the NR (Northern Zone) zone and FZR (Firozpur cantt divison). Bejbihara station is the 12th station on the railway and is approximately at a distance of 93 kms from the Baramulla railway station. The station has been built with the core intention to connect the Kashmir Valley with Jammu Tawi and the remaining Indian railway network. It has been built as a part of Kashmir Railway mega project.
Design of the Bijbehara Railway StationThe rail head of Bijbehara highlights the architecture of Kashmir. All the furniture belonging to the station has been carved out of Kashmiri wood. Moreover, the station gives the feel of an imperial court which complements the local environs of the railway station. The languages that have been used to write on the station signage are mainly English, Urdu and Hindi.
Facilities and MaintenanceAlthough, this station is small in area but have almost all the facilities which a big and established station has. The station does have a small waiting room, where passengers can wait in case of late trains. There are few stalls on the station offering some snacks and packaged drinking water. The platforms of Bijbehara railway station are quite well maintained and clean. Also, the waiting rooms of the station are clean and hygienic. The authority has maintained this station quite well. One of the most important parts of a clean rail station is the toilet area, well then the Bijbehara station is one of the best among all due to its neat and clear toilets. It is also observed that numerous employees are always keen to make sure all the passengers are comfortable with the toilet facilities and also they try to clean it after every hour which is really commendable.
Trains which pass through the Bijbehara Railway StationFollowing are some important trains which pass through the rail head of Bijbehara:
- Baramulla Qazigund DMU, 74630, originates from Baramulla, J&K and ends at Qazigund, J&K.
- Badgum Qazigund DMU, 74632, originates from Badgam, J&K and ends at Qazigund, J&K.
- Qazigund Baramulla DMU, 74625, originates from Qazigund, J&K and ends at Baramulla, J&K.
- Qazigund Badgam DMU, 74633, originates from Qazigund, J&K and ends at Badgam, J&K.
- Badgum Qazigund DMU, 74634, originates from Badgam, Jammu and Kashmir and ends at Qazigund, J&K.
- Qazigund Baramulla DMU, 74629, originates from Qazigund, Jammu and Kashmir and ends at Baramulla, J&K.
- Baramulla Qazigund DMU, 74626, originates from Baramulla, Jammu and Kashmir and ends at Qazigund, J&K.
- Qazigund Badgam DMU, 74631, originates from Qazigund, J&K and ends at Badgam, J&K.
- Baramulla Qazigund DMU, 74628, originates from Baramulla, Jammu and Kashmir and ends at Qazigund, J&K.
- Qazigund Baramulla DMU, 74627, originates from Qazigund, Jammu and Kashmir and ends at Baramulla, J&K.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0